Westside Park is the City of Atlanta’s newest and largest park. After years of planning and construction, the park opened on August 17, 2021. Completion of Phase I includes multiple ADA trails, playground, workout equipment, pavilions, green spaces, and Bellwood Quarry viewing areas.
Outdoor exercise equipment
- Pull up bars, push up bars, and a bench
- Located next to the playground
- Multiple paved pathways of various lengths throughout the park, most are ADA accessible
- Maps of pathways located around the park
- Red Trail connects to Grove Park. This is the only entrance (pedestrian only) on the south end of the park
- Future trail connections to the northern extension of Atlanta’s BeltLine’s Westside Trail and the Proctor Creek Greenway
Three linear oval lawns with a nearby pavilion located near the entrance 1 parking area.
- The center lawn is hilly while the two outer lawns are flat.
Open and flat lawn located next to the playground.
Playground designed for ages 5-12
- Not immediately located next to a parking area; requires a few-minute walk.
- From entrance 1 – Hilly walk to the playground
- From entrance 2 – Flat and shorter walk to the playground
- Includes: Multiple slides and climbing structures
- Ground-type: Rubber surface
- Shade: No shade
- Seating: Benches and nearby pavilion’s picnic tables
Pavilion – located next to the 3 oval green spaces and closest to entrance 1 parking area
- Includes: Water fountains, lights, and outlets
Pavilion – located next to the playground
- Includes: Picnic tables, bathrooms, water fountains, lights, and outlets
Pavilion – located next to the entrance 2 parking area
- Includes: Bathrooms, water fountains, concession window, picnic tables, lights, and outlets
- Viewing Area #1 – Main quarry overlook
- Viewing Area #2 – Located next to the Pump House
No fenced area
Dog water fountains are available
Two parking areas ~450 spaces in total
- Entrance 1 and entrance 2 are located off Johnson Road
- Handicap parking available
Bathrooms & water fountains located at both parking areas and the playground’s pavilion
To reserve Pavilions – Online